Flex King SS Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiner

Aug 22, 2008
Maryland
I bought a Flex King liner for my wood insert install. I have a masonry chimney with clay flue. I can not find anywhere online that explains what is required by the manufacturer in regards to insulation or proper instillation procedure. I want to be sure my insurance will be valid. I also searched here with no luck.

Can anyone point me to a website for the information I'm looking for?

I didn't buy insulation and don't really want to. I do have an exterior chimney.

Thanks for any help

Jim

CLD has the liner installation instructions online as well as a video on youtube. Get on the phone and tell them you need a copy of installation instructions including the UL listing.

[quote author="Squiner" date="1250142848"
I didn't buy insulation and don't really want to. I do have an exterior chimney.
Jim[/quote]

Any cracks in your existing clay flue would call for an insulated liner. Not to mention it WILL draft better since it is an exterior chimney and have less creosote buildup, try it for a season and see how it does without insulation, that is what I did but I had back puffing issues and once I insulated the liner that went away along with alot less creosote buildup.

The only thing that sucked was pulling that liner back out, then insulating it then putting it back down again, that was NO fun. I wished I had just insulated it in the beginning but live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.