Flex liner height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAL

Oct 23, 2014
Northern Indiana
Hello all. Just installed an osburn 2400 insert and a 25ft stainless 316ti flex liner that I insulated. Lurked on the forum for my research to do my own install and I thank you all it was a huge help! Everything is working very well just had a question about my liner height at the top.

How much space should there be between the top plate and the top of the liner? I have 5". I feel it should be closer but I don't know. Thanks!

image.jpg

Looks fine.

That's about what my install looks like, although mine is not an insert liner. Depending on how good your wood supply is and how well you burn, keep an eye on the mesh for a creosote buildup because if you have a creosote problem, that's where it will show up first. Usually, it will be fluffy and easy to blow off, but if it occurs at all, you'll need to look at the wood supply or burning technique. Experience.

Thank you begreen and sprinter. Burning Ecobricks this season as I have no seasoned wood yet. Hopefully I will have little build up this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.