Flex Liner question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleby

Feb 16, 2008
Eastern PA
So I really want to use a flex liner do to the ease of installation but it seems like it is all stainless steal and I am having a really really tough time thinking I will like the stainless look in my rustic fireplaces. I don't think it can be painted becuase it's stainless. Do I have any other options other then rigid? Do they make a black flex?

Clean off the bottom section after its down and paint it black. It can be painted no problem if you use something like Stove Bright.

Other option is to transition to black stove pipe just below the block off plate.

Yeap, even stainless. I have seen a couple of install pics where people painted their flex liners. We have also painted stainless Pellet Vent as well as Class A using the Stove Bright paint.

You would probably be best off to just install it and then burn some good fires in there now that I think about it. That will burn off all the oils. Paint should stick pretty well after that.

Nice advise. I looked at their website and they have some great colors that will match the Jotul Brown Maholic Stove I'm installing in the family room. Should look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.