" Flexible, adjustible" pellet exhaust vent.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron stove

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2009
Central CT
My stove has a exhaust outlett 8.75" on center above finished floor. If I switch to certain other stoves, they are up to 18.5 above finished floor. Without entirely re piping, and cutting new holes, is there a way I can remove a 2' riser pipe, and make a custom length, or somthing flexible, to make up the difference and save a ton of $ and time ?

Luckily stickers still on 1 section.

Metal fab Inc, 4"x24" sections.

iron stove said:
Luckily stickers still on 1 section.

Metal fab Inc, 4"x24" sections.
Selkirk pipe?

http://www.mtlfab.com/media/L2446.pdf

Here is the catalog. On page 4 there is an adjustable P12A.

If you are looking at a multifuel stove? The current pipe is only pellet rated. You would need to replace the complete vent if you want multifuel.

Most pipe makers have an adjustable piece.

Dont know how I missed that . THANKS

I am going to the same issue as far as height goes. This is why it is VERY important to think about having the pipe rise INSIDE of the house, this way you can adjust pipes as needed up/down and just use the same hole on the top. I missed that when installed my stove 2 years ago and now it is a PIA buying a new stove that would fit the hole currently in place OR buy a stove which outlet is LOWER that the current hole in the wall, so options are limited.

Lesson learned..!

geek said:
I am going to the same issue as far as height goes. This is why it is VERY important to think about having the pipe rise INSIDE of the house, this way you can adjust pipes as needed up/down and just use the same hole on the top. I missed that when installed my stove 2 years ago and now it is a PIA buying a new stove that would fit the hole currently in place OR buy a stove which outlet is LOWER that the current hole in the wall, so options are limited.

Lesson learned..!

Yep, Buy a stove with the same or lower exhaust location and raise the stove with your hearth pad are about the only way around your issue.

Im luck, I go straight into a tee, and then 48" of ride then trough the wall, a small closet, then the house shell. All i need to do is remove 1 section of pipe, and i can adjust acordingly with the spoecial piece. Pure luck when I set it up, never thought that far out.

Status
Not open for further replies.