Floor protection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyL

Oct 27, 2015
Quebec Canada
I'm replacing my wood stove with a new 55-TRPAH and I was reading the instruction about floor protection. When I installed my wood stove I put down a new plywood with a thinset and ceramic tiles. Now after reading the TR instructions they state 2 layers of .5" concrete board and ceramic tile. I'm not into taking chances or risking fire, but i'm wondering if what I have is enough. Do pellet stoves put our more heat towards the bottom of the stove???
If it's not I'm on for more way more work than I had planned on.........

Pellet stove do not radiate nearly as much heat as traditional wood burner. While I don't know your particular stove, I would think that if your floor covering is enough for a wood stove, it should be more than adequate for a pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.