flow to floor fast or slow/ pump speeds/time vs fast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atvalaska

Jul 22, 2014
nenana
I'm missing something :( .... (well that's what mom said) ... what speed to run the pump on ??? my main line boiler pump is a alpha gf (oo7 replacement)... runs and stays at 14 watts/4 gpm ..it bounces some 14/4 or 18/5...and it don't care weather the shop is calling or not . regular 3 speed gf in shop, with my 4 way taco valve running 110 deg to the floor (1deg outside 69/70 in) would I be better off running the shop pump faster? it takes a while to get floor back up to temp ...what is the secret bigger temps faster or lower temps faster or vice/verse ahhhhhh ..I know i'm having a few beers :) ...but a little bump would help .......

It takes a long time to get the floor back up to temp.... That is the nature of ydronic floors. It takes my house 5 hours to raise my house temps 1 degree. Sometimes I turn the heat up when I want it cooler. I turn the temps up in the morning cause it takes all day to get the house warmer. I don't know if it makes a difference how fast you run the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.