flowcheck rattling and location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jplphoto

Dec 30, 2008
Vermont
Have a new tarm 40. love it. produces chattering flowchecks in my current boiler supply manifold. my tarm loop connects to my supply manifold just prior to the heating loops. I am assuming they are chattering from turbulence of tarm pump. If i move the flowchecks down stream a bit, does anyone think the chattering will stop. also, the pump is pushing some heat up into my heat loops, overheating the zones. I thought about adding zone valves at the supply side of the loops to stop constant chatter and keep heat from flowing through. My backup heat is an oil boiler, with circulators on the return and flowchecks on the supply. any ideas.

J

My solar system check valve rattles when there is any air in the system, even just tiny bubbles. The air-eliminator eventually gets it all.

It was all air. I have a small amount of heat pushing into my heating loops. therefore, the thermostats were not calling and the circulator was not pushing the air through and my first zone was catching most of the air. Because of the piping setup with the tarm, the air was bypassing the air scoop and and not being removed from the system. I purged the the first loop, twice and have not heard a rattle since. thanks for your reply. JPLPHOTO

Status
Not open for further replies.