Flowers, veggies, and bugs...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

man of stihl

Feb 28, 2010
Mississippi
A few images from my yard and garden....

Baby cucumbers with a bee at work
4686405568_31d418c240.png

"Kentucky Wonder" green beans are blooming...
4688026928_f80556f02a.png

Good morning sunshine..
4685233286_41a7798199.png

This is a Chinese Delphinium, the variety or cultivar is 'Summer Nights'.
4677000467_1c488370c8_b.png

Hoverfly on a Coreopsis...
4630266920_77804213c1_o.png

All my photos are copyright © protected. Please do not use any of them without my permission. ©All Rights Reserved.

Thank you for looking and have a great day!

Those are some great photos! One from my backyard: Wild Iris

Attachments

• Wild Iris 6-8-10.jpg
    Wild Iris 6-8-10.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 282
Man of Stihl said:
A few images from my yard and garden....

Baby cucumbers with a bee at work

"Kentucky Wonder" green beans are blooming...

Good morning sunshine..

This is a Chinese Delphinium, the variety or cultivar is 'Summer Nights'.

Hoverfly on a Coreopsis...

All my photos are copyright © protected. Please do not use any of them without my permission. ©All Rights Reserved.

Thank you for looking and have a great day!
Awesome pics!

Thanks y'all!! :coolsmile:

MS - Awesome pics! What camera are you using? Are you post processing them (assuming they are digital pics).

Shari

Shari said:
MS - Awesome pics! What camera are you using? Are you post processing them (assuming they are digital pics).

Shari

Hey Shari...Thanks for the comments and questions! I use a Canon XSi, some of these were shot with a 18-55mm IS kit lens and some with a Sigma 50-500mm lens. Yes, I do usually do some sort of post processing..sometimes it is only a slight contrast/brightness adjustment..etc., sometimes it is more.
"Baby cucumber with Bee working" is straight out of camera other than resizing for the web.
"Kentucky Wonder" green beans have a slight "soft focus" effect and resize.
"Good Morning Sunshine" is a 3 shot hdr and was processed in Photomatix, Photoshop CS3, and Topaz Adjust.
"Chinese Delphinium" has a slight soft focus effect, and resize. A little interesting thing about this image is that it was shot at night..I was playing around with a technique that I came up with..I shot the pic at a 15 second exposure and used a battery powered flourescent light and moved it all around during the 15 second exposure to illuminate the subject. I am still working on the technique but it works well it seems.
"Hoverfly on a Coreopsis" was processed using Fractalius.

I hope that helped you in some way. Thanks again and have a great day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.