Flu liner question for pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dradam1

Dec 23, 2010
Eastern PA, Bucks Cty
Currently have wood insert and thinking of going with a Quad. pellet insert. Currently have 6" stainless liner for wood insert about 28' long. One dealer told me I would need to replace it with a 3" for pellet stove. Another said they could adapt a 3" to my 6" and save me some $$. Who is correct? Will there be too much draft with the 6"??

Would think the way to go is to adapt to your 6". The 3" is way too small for 28'. Others will chime in here soon with more info. If not give this post a bump earlier tomorrow as it gets quiet around this time of night. Also, Welcome to the forums !

dradam1 said:
Currently have wood insert and thinking of going with a Quad. pellet insert. Currently have 6" stainless liner for wood insert about 28' long. One dealer told me I would need to replace it with a 3" for pellet stove. Another said they could adapt a 3" to my 6" and save me some $$. Who is correct? Will there be too much draft with the 6"??

I've got about 25 feet and its a 4inch. I'm sure the 6 would work just as well for you.

I would clean the heck out of it though before you do the install.

Out of all the inserts we done, none have a 3" liner. We use 4". The 6" should work for you but you will need an adapter and use s/s.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.