flue damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan smith

Dec 5, 2005
I am installing a used osburn regent 1000. I am using dble wall pipe to the ceiling . Do I need a damper installed in the pipe? Any help here would be great.

Consult the manufacturer
Some stoves dont need a damper

Why double wall pipe to the ceiling?
The more single wall pipe you have inside the house the more heat you will get (maintaining tolerances of course)
I am glad I ran mine as high as I could before going out the side of the house, that pipe throws some heat

Dan smith said:
I am installing a used osburn regent 1000. I am using dble wall pipe to the ceiling . Do I need a damper installed in the pipe? Any help here would be great.
If for some reason your new stove ends up getting too much draft as some very few do than you can add the pipe damper. otherwise , no need with new stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.