FLUE FOR LEEDS BISHOP CHIMNEY POT AND JOTUL F3 TD MF conversion grate stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fulwood

Feb 25, 2012
uk
I'm in the UK and I'm going to be using 904/904 6" flue liner. I'm hoping to find a cowl that fixes to the liner so I don't need to take the pot off. I can't see any pictures of a cowl on a leeds bishop chimney pot on the internet, though there are plenty of nice terracotta coloured ones around, I dunno if they're suitable for my pot? Obviously I see the neighbours cowl, but I find it a bit uninspiring and detail matters to me :0)

Also, I am currently refurbishing a jotul f3 td with multi fuel conversion grate. I cannot get the two screws loosened on the door glass clips for love nor money. I'm worried about drilling them out and ruining the threads in the cast door, as a new door will cost £150.00 plus. Any ideas? I've soaked them in WD but they seem to be ceased.

Attachments

• FLUE FOR LEEDS BISHOP CHIMNEY POT AND JOTUL F3 TD MF conversion grate stove
    CHIMNEY POTS.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 594
Here's a picture of the door and screws in question.

Attachments

• FLUE FOR LEEDS BISHOP CHIMNEY POT AND JOTUL F3 TD MF conversion grate stove
    jotulf3tdmf door glass clips.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 630
I have had good luck with PB Blaster. Do you have that over there? good luck

I don't know about the clay pot, don't run into those too often around here. One thing you might try, lay the door flat on a paded work bench, as you try to unscrew, hit the end of the screw driver with a hammer. This gives you a similar result as an impact driver, a guy that I work with showed me this and it often works . You are most likely going to break those screws off though, be prepared to drill and tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.