Flue Gas Temp for a Gasifier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a much better seal, thanks. Appreciate the extra effort.

I was looking at my Tarm manual (2006) for another purposed and saw that the manual indicated 600F flue temp could be expected. Before I put in the chain turbs, that was the ballpark for the flue temp. With the chain turbs as mentioned above, 200-235C (390-450F) is a pretty good mid to high burn flue temp.

Looks like a much better seal, thanks. Appreciate the extra effort.
I was looking at my Tarm manual (2006) for another purposed and saw that the manual indicated 600F flue temp could be expected. Before I put in the chain turbs, that was the ballpark for the flue temp. With the chain turbs as mentioned above, 200-235C (390-450F) is a pretty good mid to high burn flue temp.
Thanks. After cleaning the tubes I have been in 200 - 230C range, which I feel more comfortable with.

You can install an automatic fresh air damper that will open and close depending on the status of your boiler fan. Air leaks in house can be found by using smoke spray . As far as the multiple flues go you could possibly install auto dampers in them. I don't know the codes in your area. I would check into it first .
Thank you sir, Tom C. was kind enough to come by and shed some fresh air on my boiler. Automatic Damper is installed and working beautifully, thanks Tom. I appreciate the education, while my flue temp remains the same I do believe that he rest of my house is warmer (obviously the replacement air had to come in somewhere.

Your welcome, glad to help out, pizza and coffee were very good, btw do I refrigerate the beans?
No refrigerating the beans unless you want your coffee to taste like the food in your frig:).

we are good for something once in awhile
I am looking forward to switching from pellets to wood and compare notes
Just wondering if you started burning wood yet and can share you temps for flue gas. After cleaning the tubes I was around 230 but also in a little different part of my wood pile. I am back to the really dry stuff and today was a decent amount of smaller pieces and I was seeing flue temps around 265C. I am about 80% of the way through my cleaning interval (meaning I will clean the tubes again shortly). I have the fresh air damper in so getting plenty of fresh air. Today was a pretty moist day which seems to have created a bit higher than normal draft but I have the Draft Controller back on so that was not an issue. I changed the maximum flue setting temp to Effecta's max of 275 so my fire burned smoothly, just seems everyone else is running quite a bit lower - wondering what you are seeing with the same machine. Thanks.

Just wondering if you started burning wood yet and can share you temps for flue gas. After cleaning the tubes I was around 230 but also in a little different part of my wood pile. I am back to the really dry stuff and today was a decent amount of smaller pieces and I was seeing flue temps around 265C. I am about 80% of the way through my cleaning interval (meaning I will clean the tubes again shortly). I have the fresh air damper in so getting plenty of fresh air. Today was a pretty moist day which seems to have created a bit higher than normal draft but I have the Draft Controller back on so that was not an issue. I changed the maximum flue setting temp to Effecta's max of 275 so my fire burned smoothly, just seems everyone else is running quite a bit lower - wondering what you are seeing with the same machine. Thanks.
Good morning,
Busy weekend here
I saw 285 smoke temp
This morning; i havent cleaned for about 6 days. I do see it reduce after cleaning.
Hope this helps
Regards Morgan

Good morning,
Busy weekend here
I saw 285 smoke temp
This morning; i havent cleaned for about 6 days. I do see it reduce after cleaning.
Hope this helps
Regards Morgan
Thanks, was that with wood or pellets? It is interesting that we seem to run so high, out of the box the upper limit is 250C. Everyone else seems to run substantially lower #'s. Not sure if it is good or bad, if anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them.

Thanks, was that with wood or pellets? It is interesting that we seem to run so high, out of the box the upper limit is 250C. Everyone else seems to run substantially lower #'s. Not sure if it is good or bad, if anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them.
Wood mode
Two years dry spruce and birch mix
Pretty good performance

Wood mode
Two years dry spruce and birch mix
Pretty good performance
Thanks. Yea, I am using super dry wood - makes me wondering if I should run a lower CO2 target but Hannes suggested sicking with 13%. Doesn't seem to matter much as we are heading into the 50's. Maybe I will go take a look and make sure my AC is ready:).

Thanks. Yea, I am using super dry wood - makes me wondering if I should run a lower CO2 target but Hannes suggested sicking with 13%. Doesn't seem to matter much as we are heading into the 50's. Maybe I will go take a look and make sure my AC is ready:).
I tried adjusting early on and ended up back at 13%
Havent looked at it much since.

I tried adjusting early on and ended up back at 13%
Havent looked at it much since.
Thanks, I will just let it do what it does and go find something else to wonder about - have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.