Flue/Liner Quetion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Here's two pics of my flue and liner.we had two oval the liner to get it threw the flue hole.the flue measure's 6" across and so does the liner.is it ok to do this??????the clean out tee will be up close to the flue when my short leg kit comes in.

If its not ok to run the liner round to oval to get it threw the flue is there an adapter to use and if there is where can i get one.

or would you use a block off plate???

Thank you john.

Attachments

• flueliner2.jpg
    flueliner2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 180
heres another pic

Attachments

• flueliner1.jpg
    flueliner1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 176
bump----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks so clean. Could've cut off that tab that's hitting the liner, but otherwise, there's nothing wrong with it. You'll have to fabricate a block off plate. I made a cardboard template first, then steel. Went much easier.

granpajohn said:
Looks so clean. Could've cut off that tab that's hitting the liner, but otherwise, there's nothing wrong with it. You'll have to fabricate a block off plate. I made a cardboard template first, then steel. Went much easier.

Thanks Granpajohn!! A little encouragement goes a long way. I would like to keep the tab there to be able to keep the fireplace working when and if we move.

I have the original block off plate for a template. I tried to get it installed by a dealer but i was told next summer with a giggle.

Like i said it will get cut off(the liner) close to the flue and the tee with clean out will be connected there.

John

Anybody else?????

Status
Not open for further replies.