Flue looks okay after a month ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Jul 18, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
The rain let up enough to get out there and check. I think it looks good so far, we'll see what it looks like in a couple/few more weeks. Looks like the grey stuff (less than 1/8in) with some chunky bits for extra texture . I was hoping it would be okay because some of my wood is about 25% MC and that makes me nervous.

Here are some (crappy) pics.

Attachments

• IMG_8444.jpg
    IMG_8444.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_8445.jpg
    IMG_8445.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_8446.jpg
    IMG_8446.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 175
Looks better than mine does after I sweep it.

Burn on!

Geez........I could EAT off that surface!! C'Mon.........burn some serious wood, will ya! (lol)

-Soupy1957

Doesn't get much better than this!

xjcamaro said:
Why is it gray?

I'm not sure why it's gray but I'm glad it's not black and shiny ... or thick!

I'm sure there are others with more experience that might be able to shed light on the colour (color for US readers).

I wasnt being mean, i was just curious. Mine is always black, like light, fuzzy, and dry. Ive never seen it gray before.

xjcamaro said:
I wasnt being mean, i was just curious. Mine is always black, like light, fuzzy, and dry. Ive never seen it gray before.

xjcamaro - Your comment wasn't taken as mean.

Maybe it's the wood I burn - alder, cedar, fir - maybe it's how I burn. With only one month experience burning, I can only guess.

I figured it as not taking mean but just making sure, because i am bo no means an expert, and have only been burning a couple month myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.