flue with outer liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jholmes

Oct 11, 2010
CT
What would be the average optimal temperature if you are reading from a thermometer stuck to the vertical flue with an outer lining?
I am getting 298. Should I burn it hotter to get it over the 300 degrees? I am burning wood-mostly white oak.

Surface temps on double-wall are not that meaningful. This requires a probe style flue thermometer.

Oh, I did come across those when I was doing a search on thermometers. I bought the ones I recognized : / but they were always stuck on the flue itself. It is an insert so a "double wall" is standard for this configuration? I will now have to do a search on how to use the probe type thermometers.

Is this on your F3 stove or a different insert? Before buying another thermometer, tell us more about the piping and stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.