Flush type 1 hearth pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dh1989

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2014
East Bay Rhode Island
I need to make a hearth pad which will extend in front of the top of a set of stairs. It will end at the middle of the top of the stairs. Because of this it needs to be fairly flush to not be a trip hazard.

Stove is type 1 ember protection only per manual. No R value - only non combustible material. Could I get away with 1/8" sheet metal placed over the hardwood floor? I'm hesitant to cut the floor up to recess a hearth pad.

Thanks.

1/8" sheet metal would meet the "ember protection" needs but I am not real sure about aesthetics. Maybe a pic with the purposed pad? A cardboard template might also help with the "vision".

Status
Not open for further replies.