FMI fireplace chimney problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto Svitok

Feb 7, 2013
Hi everyone.
Recently, I installed FMI Bungallow wood burning fireplace including 8" chimney pipe. I followed all of instructions.
Problem: 10 min after I start the fire, water is dripping from last elbow return. Dripping usually last for 10 minutes. Then it will stop, and as long as fire is on, there no more water dripping. Next day, same story.
I suspect, there is condensation between inner and outer pipe, until inner pipe is hot enough, to evaporate that condensation. Please, need any advice, before I'll cover everything with sheetrock.

Water is dripping while bright sunshine. If I use very wet wood, there would be condensation inside the inner pipe. This is coming from outer pipe. It's about 4-5 oz. of water. After 10 min of burning dropping stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.