Foil tape

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use it where? And which foil tape are you refering to?

Use it on the pipes that connect inside to my pellet stove. One pipe is a straight pipe and one is a 95' pipe. I wondered if I can put the reflectiixinc aluminum tape on the pieces that connect? There's a error code that keeps coming up "E1" which indicates a vacuum lose. I've done everything else so I'm wondering if the lose is coming from the two.pieces that connect. I was able to tighten the pipes and link them tighter so I hope that did the trick otherwise I was going to put that tape on it but it said it works on temps up to 180' and I think the pipes get hotter than that when the pellet stove is running

Well you answered youre own question.. no that tape will not work.
A leaky exhaust should not cause vaccum loss anyways. You say you have done everything.. what exactly have you done?

Status
Not open for further replies.