Followup to design/location of stove within new kitchen addition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
Hi again all,

Been away working on the design/plans/budget for my new addition I'm planning. I previously posted my questions in January in this thread.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/33632/

Since then we've redesigned the kitchen so the new stove/chimney are much more centrally located and less problematic from a location standpoint. The redesign also helped us in a number of other areas so it wasn't just done for the stove. I think this is the design we're going to go with but I wanted some input on the new design and whether or not this would be a more suitable location for the stove and for the chimney?

Thanks,

Eric Finn

Attachments

• Kitchen_20090310_cropped.jpg
    Kitchen_20090310_cropped.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 151
That's a bit better. I'd be a little concerned about the proximity of the barstool in front of the stove. That is where maximum radiant energy occurs in many stoves. Also, no stove is going to go directly against the wall. Be sure to know what stove is going there and give the architect the actual stove and hearth dimensions and clearance requirements. Did you play with the idea of creating an alcove with a wall bump out at the stove location? That would increase clearances from nearby seats. Otherwise I would stick with convector stoves with low steady output like the smaller Woodstock soapstones.

Status
Not open for further replies.