For $239/ton - which of these brands would you purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Presa canario

Hearth Supporter
Oct 6, 2009
Central, pa
Local hearth company has just lowered their prices on pellets. Lignetics were previously at $269/ton. They state that manufactures overstocked and prices have plummeted!

Now all these brands are $239/ton.
-ACP Wood Pellets
-Lignetics Premium Wood Pellets
-O’Malley Premium Wood Pellets
-Energex/Juniata Premium Wood Pellets

http://www.aeshearthplace.com/index.php?pr=Buy_Wood_Pellets

Going to pick a ton or two this weekend!

I wouldn't buy any of them for $239, 'cause I can get someof them for $200. :cheese: I know that was a cheap shot, but before buying a ton of one, buy a few bags of each, or the most recommended and run them through your stove and decide which works best. I like Lignetics and Energex on your list, but the ligs burn better in my stove.

Presa canario said:
Local hearth company has just lowered their prices on pellets. Lignetics were previously at $269/ton. They state that manufactures overstocked and prices have plummeted!

Now all these brands are $239/ton.
-ACP Wood Pellets
-Lignetics Premium Wood Pellets
-O’Malley Premium Wood Pellets
-Energex/Juniata Premium Wood Pellets

http://www.aeshearthplace.com/index.php?pr=Buy_Wood_Pellets

Going to pick a ton or two this weekend!

#1= Lignetics Premium Wood Pellets
#2= Energex/Juniata Premium Wood Pellets
#3= O’Malley Premium Wood Pellets

I gave them ratings on there heat values. The Juniata's are slightly hotter than the O Malley's.

Note on ACP Wood Pellets: I would only buy these if there was no other pellets available or as BTU says you can get the extremely cheap! I think it would be a must to have a multifuel stove or a stove that has a self cleaning burn pot. Extremely ashy, And they only produce a fair amount heat.

BTU said:
Ligs or O'Malley...1st
Energex/Juniata ...2nd

But that is just me...others may feel differently.

I'm with BTU on this one....Ligs or O'Malleys.

Cross the ACP off your list completely :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.