For j-takeman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
A while back we talked about a CB1200 plugging air holes. This is a 4 day burn, door never opened, what do you think.
Opened door, took pix. Notice 95% of burn on slide plate, 5% on slant plate.

IMG_1198_1.jpg

What holes did you plug??

Never plugged holes in mine. Have gone a week without shutting stove down and had a pot that looked similar, but maybe a clinker in the bottom.

That looks great though. I dont know what holes you blocked though.

Did you block from the inside of ignitor area? What holes?

I think he is stating his air holes didn't get plugged after a four day burn???

smoke this said:
I think he is stating his air holes didn't get plugged after a four day burn???

Got it.... Ive never really worries about the holes. I tell people to check the bottom 8 (4 back and 4 front) because I dont know how clean the rest of the stove is? But I only clean them twice a year. The holes above that never have pellets that high. So build-up is impossible.

Quads burn on the flat plate at the bottom. The other holes are just for added air. Kinda like secondary tubes in an EPA woodstove. Just to make sure it has enough oxygen to burn all the gases.

Understood. My holes aint plugged either. The one thing Quads get, is plenty of air.

The M55 and the Omega get a carbon build up. So we have experimented with some extra 1/8 holes. Mine isn't an issue on high. Its when I burn high/low. Low causes the build up. Holes that were added made a big difference and I've goon all week so far.

Looks great slls. ;-)

Hello

That is a pretty big Fire Pot!!

I took mine out and gave it a coat of 2,000 Deg F car header paint! See pic below.

Attachments

• CB1200FirePotSC.jpg
    CB1200FirePotSC.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG02036-20120218-1108sc.jpg
    IMG02036-20120218-1108sc.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 404
Wow..... Gettin back on track. Just took this Vid of the Quad on Low. Cleaned it today. So figure I better dirty it up. Dont know what happened to the sound. Took it with my phone because I can upload a vid in a few seconds from the WiFi at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kta0RJbrho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dont know how to do all the fancy stuff and post the actual video here.
I live in the land of Links.... ;-P

No smarrt wit Puter's... Kay

Edit: link dont work. Told you I was smarrt.

Attachments

• index-1.jpeg
    index-1.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 443
oldmountvernon said:
you guys scrape your pots? screw that i have auto clean lol but really i been hearing about the Trebio leaving clinkers. I havent had one yet ( maybe auto clean cycle is why? ) and i still never scraped the burn pot since i owned it. Dont know if im just lucky? i read people scraping their pots daily? if so im glad i got this a/c feature

Same here, but I am spoiled with good pellets.

The bottom feeder I own needs a quick swish daily with softwoods and a heavy clinker scrape out with hardwoods.

I dont scape either. No A/C here. Just a stove (Quad) that burns as it should. The furnace does it for me.

The Englander does need a little Scoop/Scrape. Not gonna lie there. Its 17 yrs old. What do you want???

Link wont work.... Never claimed to be a genius. Though at night, when its really late, I often....?? Nevermind. ;-P

DexterDay said:
Wow..... Gettin back on track. Just took this Vid of the Quad on Low. Cleaned it today. So figure I better dirty it up. Dont know what happened to the sound. Took it with my phone because I can upload a vid in a few seconds from the WiFi at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kta0RJbrho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dont know how to do all the fancy stuff and post the actual video here.
I live in the land of Links.... ;-P

No smarrt wit Puter's... Kay

Edit: link dont work. Told you I was smarrt.

Hi Dexter

The link says it is private, you need to make the video public for us to see it!

Then copy the link with CTRL-C
Then in your post click on the <youtube> button up top
Then past in the link CTRL-V
Simple!

Don

Hi Ken

Did you try to embed the link here like this? you cannot use the https secure link.

Ex
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kta0RJbrho"

It must be

http
Ex

"[youtube]""http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kta0RJbrho""[/youtube]"

Don2222 said:
Hi Ken

Did you try to embed the link here like this?

Nope... Dont know how to do that "Smart" stuff. That falls under the same category as tinyurls. Cant do those either....

Thanks anyways.

DexterDay said:
Nope... Dont know how to do that "Smart" stuff. That falls under the same category as tinyurls. Cant do those either....

C'mon Ken ;-)

Even I can do tiny urls.

Have you ever tried one?

smoke this said:
DexterDay said:

C'mon Ken ;-)

Even I can do tiny urls.

Have you ever tried one?

Nope. Wish someone would TELL ME how too??? Really dont know... Dumb like that.....

Kenis "Dexter"

smoke show said:
DexterDay said:
Nope... Dont know how to do that "Smart" stuff. That falls under the same category as tiny. Cant do those either....

C'mon Ken ;-)

Even I can do tiny urls.

Have you ever tried one?

Don't teach him too many tricks! His wife is still trying to house train him!! Don't need any incidents ya know.

j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:
Nope... Dont know how to do that "Smart" stuff. That falls under the same category as tiny. Cant do those either....

C'mon Ken ;-)

Even I can do tiny urls.

Have you ever tried one?

Don't teach him too many tricks! His wife is still trying to house train him!! Don't need any incidents ya know.

:lol: Im still learning... WIP (Work In Progress) ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.