For j-takeman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:
Nope... Dont know how to do that "Smart" stuff. That falls under the same category as tiny. Cant do those either....

C'mon Ken ;-)

Even I can do tiny urls.

Have you ever tried one?

Don't teach him too many tricks! His wife is still trying to house train him!! Don't need any incidents ya know.

:lol: Im still learning... WIP (Work In Progress) ;-P

Depends are great! Wife can even take me out in public now! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:
Nope... Dont know how to do that "Smart" stuff. That falls under the same category as tiny. Cant do those either....

C'mon Ken ;-)

Even I can do tiny urls.

Have you ever tried one?

Don't teach him too many tricks! His wife is still trying to house train him!! Don't need any incidents ya know.

TMI

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay" date="1329637653 said:

C'mon Ken ;-)

Even I can do tiny urls.

Have you ever tried one?

TMI

x2

DexterDay said:
Wow..... Gettin back on track. Just took this Vid of the Quad on Low. Cleaned it today. So figure I better dirty it up. Dont know what happened to the sound. Took it with my phone because I can upload a vid in a few seconds from the WiFi at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kta0RJbrho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dont know how to do all the fancy stuff and post the actual video here.
I live in the land of Links.... ;-P

No smarrt wit Puter's... Kay

Edit: link dont work. Told you I was smarrt.

Your low looks like my medium, have you got the feed rate wide open?

slls said:
DexterDay said:
Wow..... Gettin back on track. Just took this Vid of the Quad on Low. Cleaned it today. So figure I better dirty it up. Dont know what happened to the sound. Took it with my phone because I can upload a vid in a few seconds from the WiFi at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kta0RJbrho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dont know how to do all the fancy stuff and post the actual video here.
I live in the land of Links.... ;-P

No smarrt wit Puter's... Kay

Edit: link dont work. Told you I was smarrt.

Your low looks like my medium, have you got the feed rate wide open?

In that shot it was... I dont follow the "rule" for flame height because when I run it, I run it on Low. I have "Marks" inside the hopper that I set the slider at depending on Outside temps.

Maximizing heat output. Medium is to much to quick for me. I like for it to kick on and stay on for awhile (low heat takes awhile to bring up temps) or set it really low with slider and run 24/7. The addition of the pellet furnace has the Quad getting little action. But lately I've been running the Quad on the stat at night and running the furnace on its lowest level (which is not high enough to raise temps, so Quad has to kick on a couple times a night).

Still experimenting with both of them together and the best way to do it. But I have been leaving the slider open and running it on Low. Been kicking on an average of 2-3 times a night.

That's the way to run a CB1200, get to flame you want and run it there.

slls said:
That's the way to run a CB1200, get to flame you want and run it there.

I agree. The only time I "set" the feeder per instructions, was the 1st year.

But running on Low or Med, I run it where I want it. Not gonna overfire it on Low, ya know.. ;-P Been a solid stove though. I couldnt ask it to do a better job. I just wish it had High/Low function instead of just On/Off. It would save a lot of wear and tear on the ignitor and still produces a little heat so you have less heat loss (temp doesn't drop as fast because the stove is in a low fire state).

Plan on replacing the Quad this Spring/Summer with another unit. One with an agitator in the pot and also has the High/Low function. Just hope Im not disappointed in the performance of the new stove. Because this one does a fantastic job on its Lowest setting.

Haven't dropped a igniter yet, waiting, have spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.