1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

For most of us, this is gonna make your day.....

Post in 'The Gear' started by MasterMech, Jan 28, 2013.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. loadstarken

loadstarken Member

Loc:
    Redmond, WA
    Its a start that makes me happy!

There is a link to a petition on http://pure-gas.org/ to remove ethanol!
    Ralphie Boy and ScotO like this.
  3. TreePointer

TreePointer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western PA
    Hooray! This needs to spread across the country.
    ScotO likes this.
  4. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    Once a subsidy is in place, there will be enormous blow back from those that will be threatened by removing it. These days, smarter or better doesn't move forward without political support. Hope this one works.
    Joful and ScotO like this.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Wow, I truly hope this gains some real momentum nationally. Funny thing is (not trying to turn it political) but I don't recall ANY of our wonderful media outlets putting this on the evening news.......

Ethanol-laced gasoline is one of the biggest rackets I've ever seen. And to think they wanna put mobsters in prison, the government is just as bad! That crap has ruined more engines in the past 5 years than you will ever see reported........
    Backwoods Savage, Scols and Jack Fate like this.
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    It could happen at the local level (and I hope it does), but I doubt if you will see it at a national level. For whatever reason the feds are in love with the idea of ethanol. I also don't want to turn this political, but the fact is that Obama has signed a bill to allow up to 15% ethanol in fuel. MFGs are pushing back, because most engines are not / have not been designed to run on it.
  7. rudysmallfry

rudysmallfry Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Milford, CT
    My stupid state wants to increase the ethanol content. It will void practically every warranty on any engine anywhere. We already get crappy enough mileage with 10% ethanol and pay the highest prices in the country. I'm surprised the rest of New England hasn't kicked us out of the club yet. I'll put a glimmer of hope in the back of my head and be happy that at least Maine has some common sense, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the vibe to trickle down to Connecticut.
  8. rudysmallfry

rudysmallfry Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Milford, CT
  9. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

They could do this right if they want to use more bio-fuels. Keep the ethanol, manufacturers get on board with using ethanol-compatible materials in fuel systems, and refiners stop giving us junk fuel that de-stabilizes in 30 days. (That's not because of the ethanol believe it or not...) Maybe educate the public on proper/safe fuel storage habits?

NAH!! - There's no money in that idea! :confused:
  10. nealj

nealj Member

Loc:
    mn
    I find it amusing that people used to pay big money for a little red bottle of additive in your gas, now it is in your gas and everyone is complaining about it. Refering to HEAT gas additive. The corn ethanol industry no longer gets a subsidy. The sugar ethanol industry does because epa consders it an advanced biofuel. Guess where sugar ethanol comes from, Brazil.
  11. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Close, But HEET is either methanol (yellow bottle) or Iso-HEET (red bottle) which is isopropanol. Lots of engine builders building race motors for E85 too. ;)