For most of us, this is gonna make your day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once a subsidy is in place, there will be enormous blow back from those that will be threatened by removing it. These days, smarter or better doesn't move forward without political support. Hope this one works.

Reactions: Ashful and ScotO
Wow, I truly hope this gains some real momentum nationally. Funny thing is (not trying to turn it political) but I don't recall ANY of our wonderful media outlets putting this on the evening news.......

Ethanol-laced gasoline is one of the biggest rackets I've ever seen. And to think they wanna put mobsters in prison, the government is just as bad! That crap has ruined more engines in the past 5 years than you will ever see reported........

It could happen at the local level (and I hope it does), but I doubt if you will see it at a national level. For whatever reason the feds are in love with the idea of ethanol. I also don't want to turn this political, but the fact is that Obama has signed a bill to allow up to 15% ethanol in fuel. MFGs are pushing back, because most engines are not / have not been designed to run on it.

My stupid state wants to increase the ethanol content. It will void practically every warranty on any engine anywhere. We already get crappy enough mileage with 10% ethanol and pay the highest prices in the country. I'm surprised the rest of New England hasn't kicked us out of the club yet. I'll put a glimmer of hope in the back of my head and be happy that at least Maine has some common sense, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the vibe to trickle down to Connecticut.

They could do this right if they want to use more bio-fuels. Keep the ethanol, manufacturers get on board with using ethanol-compatible materials in fuel systems, and refiners stop giving us junk fuel that de-stabilizes in 30 days. (That's not because of the ethanol believe it or not...) Maybe educate the public on proper/safe fuel storage habits?

NAH!! - There's no money in that idea! :confused:

I find it amusing that people used to pay big money for a little red bottle of additive in your gas, now it is in your gas and everyone is complaining about it. Refering to HEAT gas additive. The corn ethanol industry no longer gets a subsidy. The sugar ethanol industry does because epa consders it an advanced biofuel. Guess where sugar ethanol comes from, Brazil.

I find it amusing that people used to pay big money for a little red bottle of additive in your gas, now it is in your gas and everyone is complaining about it. Refering to HEAT gas additive. The corn ethanol industry no longer gets a subsidy. The sugar ethanol industry does because epa consders it an advanced biofuel. Guess where sugar ethanol comes from, Brazil.
Close, But HEET is either methanol (yellow bottle) or Iso-HEET (red bottle) which is isopropanol. Lots of engine builders building race motors for E85 too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.