For pellet pigs looking to become even bigger pigs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newf lover

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Eastern CT
Came across a sale at CT Pellet at http://ctpellet.com while wasting time on the Internet. Have Hamer, Turman, and Barefoots for sale for $239. Don't know anything about the place, but I do know those are pretty good pellets. Just thought I'd share.

Nice find. Need to get something like this in NH area

I have purchased from Ct before. The owner scott is OK to deal with. Gets a bit grumpy at times but overall is a good chap.

Just wish he would carry some softwoods, Seems to be stuck on the hardwoods. But he does carry good brands, stores and handles his pellets very well.

I have no issue's when buying from him. Has decent delivery cost for those that need there delivered.

I am surprised he held out this long with out having a sale to be honest. I am sure the big box prices and low fossil fuel cost hampered his sales this year.

Make sure those Hammers are the Ultra premiums, Otherwise the barefoots are the ones I would go with.

I was on their site last week and he didn't have those deals then.........to me those are good prices for those pellets

I e-mail them and the indead have the Ultra Premiums Hamer Hotones.

My pick's in order
Hamer"s
Barefoot's
Turman's

But all three a very good pellets and are in my Top ten list! Save some Hamers for me!
jay

Cleaned out my garage this morning and getting ready to stock up. I burned 3 bags of the Hammer red Hots just to see what all the hub-bub is about. Good pellet but I'm going to stick with my Turmins. Has anyone ever tried Appling country pellets?

vettechick said:
Has anyone ever tried Appling country pellets?

Yes I have, Not a lot of heat and more ash then the 3 brands listed here. For the sale price of these 3 brands, The ACP would have to be real cheap to even consider them.

How much are the ACP going for?

$239.00 for Barefoots is a great price. Since they don't deliver to MA, I may have to make a little trip over the border.

Thanks for the info.

HEMI said:
I was on their site last week and he didn't have those deals then.........to me those are good prices for those pellets

I have visited this site several times since the so called spring sale and have contacted them in disbelief of some of the high prices. I asked if these were the correct prices and was told they were. More recentely Ii emailed but recevied no response. Just wonder how all of these brands can be reduced so drastically in price. Can you say "price gouging"!!!

vettechick said:
....Has anyone ever tried Appling country pellets?

They are crappy pellets. I'd buy them if they were, like, $150/ton......maybe.

never been much of a pig. But it looks like thats about to change. make way for the swine parade, Here I come. Oink Oink. I have tried Hammers but never tried Turmans or Barefoots. Any sugestions?

johnnycomelately said:
never been much of a pig. But it looks like thats about to change. make way for the swine parade, Here I come. Oink Oink. I have tried Hammers but never tried Turmans or Barefoots. Any sugestions?

The Turmans are a real good pellet, and the Barefoots are a great pellet. If you can get the Turman's at a significantly lower price than the BF, get them. Otherwise, BF all the way.

As always, you should do a 2 bag test burn of each brand, but I think you'll like them both.

Thanks macman and jtakeman.
The ACPs were $235 perton and the turmans are only four more dollars. Sounds like a no brainer compared to the acps that you guys talk of.
Stay warm.

i was wondering if any one else ordered pellets from ct pellets sale. i purchased 4 ton .

smilejamaica....I ordered 7 ton . (6 turmans and 1 hammers). They are being delivered on Friday the 5th. I have always loved the turmans but with all the hub-bub about the hammers i decided to grab one as well.

vettechick said:
smilejamaica....I ordered 7 ton . (6 turmans and 1 hammers). They are being delivered on Friday the 5th. I have always loved the turmans but with all the hub-bub about the hammers i decided to grab one as well.
vettechick i ordered 2 barefoot ,1 hamer & 1 turmans i will be getting delivered on tues 2/9. wow.. you think you will burn all 7 ton in one season take care

Light My Fire said:
smilejamaica said:
i was wondering if any one else ordered pellets from ct pellets sale. i purchased 4 ton .
smilejamaica I just read that BT is going to be having their early buy starting at $225.
thanks for the heads up info. maybe ill get some okies from them . but i bet for 225. you get the lower end pellets not quality ones like ct pellets is offering. but if they have okies ill be getting some

I just called locally to me, Turman's on sale at Valley Mason supply, Vernon, NJ $249 a ton free local delivery. Said he had 25 tons or so in stock. Good local supplier.

free delivery ..... thats a good price for some great pellets

I'm going to get Barefoots today for my brother in law. Picking up with my truck. 2 Tons at a time and I am hoping to make 3 trips. This is the best price for Barefoots that he can find. Hopefully the prices stay around the 239 for a while. What a difference a few months make. Chalk one up for the consumer this time ;)

Vetchick.
you are the reason that pellet prices spike and drop. if everyone would just buy 1 ton at a time then there would never be a shortage, prices would remain low like they are here and it would be a win-win for all. nbetween you and your brother inlaw thats 13 tons and theres only 2 or 3 months of wiinter left. Slow down and let the market stabilize.

johnnycomelately said:
Vetchick.
you are the reason that pellet prices spike and drop. if everyone would just buy 1 ton at a time then there would never be a shortage, prices would remain low like they are here and it would be a win-win for all. nbetween you and your brother inlaw thats 13 tons and theres only 2 or 3 months of wiinter left. Slow down and let the market stabilize.
or do what i do buy when there is a good deal

I understand what Johnnycomelately is saying but it is much too unrealistic. When the prices are low, buy it up. Furthermore, a few posts back, Johnnycomelately was talking about becoming a pellet pig himself. Interesting. as I see it, if prices go up next year, vetchick will get the last laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.