? For stove gurus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger72

Minister of Fire
Oct 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
Ok, I know running the stove on low for an extended period of time promotes a dirtier burn, but this time of year I run my Whit on 1/1 quite often. Should I run the stove for a little while on a higher setting to clean things up before turning it off or shouldn't be a problem turning it off as is? I turn it off at night this time of year. Thanks!

Some stoves have more of that problem than others. I have not seen that issue with Whits. If you see a very dirty creosote on the exchanger when you clean it then a good high burn on a regular basis probably is in order.

Think I'm good then. It gets a tiny bit blackish on the exchanger and fire bricks, but miniscule amount that good away next hot burn. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.