For the boys in Mid-Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2009
Mid-Michigan
Looks like freezing rain and rain into Friday and temps up to 46 degrees. Get your wood in, its going to be a muddy mess?

You are right Dwayne. I cut today and tomorrow morning I am supposed to be in Saginaw at 7:30. The roads might be a bit slick though and if so, I'll just cancel that.

Doesn't look good seems to happen every year. I just got my road and driveway all packed down and smoothed out with the plow now it will turn into either a skating rink or a bunch of ruts. Oh well can't doing anything about it. Dave.

Here we go again... slippery side roads followed by ruts and slush. Oh well, thats Michigan. I have an up- hill drive the last 8th of a mile and it is bad either way. Without 4 wheel drive you cannot get into our place a dozen times a winter.

Let's hope it is not as bad as they think.

dwaynecornhauler said:
Looks like freezing rain and rain into Friday and temps up to 46 degrees. Get your wood in, its going to be a muddy mess?
Yep, seen this coming bout a week ago. Tryin to haul grain out of our bins to elevator and cut firewood when I have time... Weather is no good for either. Not even to haul wood from woodshed to house.

Yep, this is sure to turn my drive into a skating rink. Hopefully I can get to my wood without too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.