For the gun nuts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Looking to get a 12 gage shot gun for deer. Its been 12 years sence deer hunting. What the best bang for my buck?

Pump or Semi, I would go with a fully rifled barrel and a cantilever scope mount so you can put a bird barrel on it. The newer sabot slugs are capable of 150yds plus.

JDC said:
Pump or Semi, I would go with a fully rifled barrel and a cantilever scope mount so you can put a bird barrel on it. The newer sabot slugs are capable of 150yds plus.

I am use to a pump but doesn't matter. 44 lever action is legal here to.

Adios Pantalones said:
An 870 or a Moss500 are the best deal for your cash- reliable, cheap, quality. You can spend more if you'd like.

Moss 500 was what i used back in the day. Love that gun. 870 my 80 year old father still has one.

I like an 870 but shoot an 1187. Mine does not have the cantilever scope mount and wish i did.

I have both the Mossberg 500a and 870 express and they are both great shotguns but I think the 870 wins out in the fit and finish (feels less sloppy)

I have a Remington 870 with riffled barrel , saddle scope mount, see through scope rings, and Bushnell Trophy 3-5 W I D E angle scope. DeadLEE, DeadLEE, DeadLEE !!!!!!
Got alot of brush with hills around here. Most everything is close range.I cant count on both hands how many I've taken at less than 20 feet and then again I'm good for 100 yds with the scope.

Shutting it down. Too many other places on the web to talk about firearms...we're not going to set a precedent for that here. Sorry, dudes. (Yes, I am a gun owner). Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.