For those experienced with the Hampton HI300, I'm in love but have some questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevelander

Sep 28, 2013
First I have to say thanks to everyone for all the great info on this forum, I've been learning so much.

I'm in love with the style of the Hampton but my husband says its a deal breaker if we can't burn with the door open occasionally. Can this unit be outfitted with a screen? Does the door come off? Will the enamel finish be prone to chipping?
This is a large investment for us and I appreciate all responses!

(Sorry, this is meant to be a question about the Hampton HI300)

Last edited:
Do you mean the Hampton HI300 or the Regency I3100?

Note, this really should not be a deal breaker. 99% of folks (including me a couple stoves back) who got the screen option, used a few times, found that it then gathers dust from not being used again. I would think that a stand alone fireplace screen could fulfill this same function.

Title fixed. The Hampton HI300 is a very popular and well made insert. There are lots of happy users here that have posted their reviews and comments in the forum and in the website's reviews section. Competitive stoves in enamel finish are the Quad Voyageur, VC Montpelier, Pacific Energy Alderlea T5, Enviro Boston (or Venice) 1700, Jotul C450.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/ratings.php

The Hampton does not have a screen option. The door does not come off without tools. The door does not open 180 degrees, in fact it doesn't open much past 90 degrees, which is almost required for the screen. The Regency steel inserts have doors can be lifted off the hinge bosses, or that open 180 degrees & lay flat, allowing for the use of the screen, but everybody I sold a screen to told me they NEVER used it after the first time. Really no point.

First I have to say thanks to everyone for all the great info on this forum, I've been learning so much.

I'm in love with the style of the Hampton but my husband says its a deal breaker if we can't burn with the door open occasionally. Can this unit be outfitted with a screen? Does the door come off? Will the enamel finish be prone to chipping?
This is a large investment for us and I appreciate all responses!

(Sorry, this is meant to be a question about the Hampton HI300)

Rather than a screen, keep a bottle of "Clear Flame", by imperial handy. Lowes has it. It will keep your glass as clean as the day you bought the stove and the HI300 has such a nice view, a screen would get old real fast in my opinion. Everyone who comes over says they could just watch the fire for hours, or wow that unit really puts out a lot of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.