For those in New Brunswick, A New Plant To Open in Moncton (Apparently)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR34

Sep 19, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I haven't seen this mentioned here by others in my area, so I thought I'd post. My apologies if I missed it.

I came across this ad on Kijiji the other day. As the over used saying goes, I'll believe it when I see it. But I'll certainly be keeping an eye open.

EDIT: Well, for some reason, I can't post the link to the ad. So, If you go to Kijiji Moncton and search "Wood Pellet", it should be one of the first ads to appear.

Thanks for the info....I'll have to keep an eye on when this plant goes into production....the cheapest that I have been able to find is $6.99 a bag :(

I emailed the poster just to clarify it was truely Moncton and not another plant I know of.Maybe you should prod for more info. I examined the pics but could not identify any landmarks. So why the big secret? You want me to buy your pellets....tell me where......is what I say. By the Shane,you are pretty sharp...thought I was the only pellet hound!

I Have seen the same picture somewhere else on the net....not sure if this is a Moncton area setup....hummmmmm.

An update on pellets at the local retailers here in South Western New Brunswick... we have both the Maine Wood Pellets ....which I wouldn't use for cat litter perhaps they were from old stock ?....and Eastern Embers on for $6.49 per bag ....or $324.00 a pallet plus taxes....still think I'll hold on a while longer to see if I can get a better deal then that.

Liar1_97 said:
An update on local pellets here in South Western New Brunswick has both the Maine Wood Pellets ....which I wouldn't use for cat litter....and Eastern Embers on for $6.49 per bag if you buy by the pallet....or $324.00 a pallet plus taxes....still think I'll hold on a while longer to see if I can get a better deal then that.

What are they getting for Maine Woods over there, Bangor dealer has them for $250 ton you pick up. I don't think he is selling much, still has 100 tons.

What are they getting for Maine Woods over there, Bangor dealer has them for $250 ton you pick up. I don't think he is selling much, still has 100 tons.[/quote]

They are asking $324.00 a ton plus 14% taxes here for the Maine Pellets as well :(

Liar1_97 said:
An update on local pellets at the local retailers here in South Western New Brunswick... we have both the Maine Wood Pellets ....which I wouldn't use for cat litter....and Eastern Embers on for $6.49 per bag ....or $324.00 a pallet plus taxes....still think I'll hold on a while longer to see if I can get a better deal then that.
eastern embers 5.79 at home depot here on p.e.i

Amaralluis said:
No gouging here folks when these pellets are made in NS...

I concur.....especially when those pellet prices are the same if not higher than the same brand offered hundreds of miles away!

Status
Not open for further replies.