For those of you who are a bit "lax" on your yearly maintenance.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailrace

Sep 25, 2007
Bullville NY
I took a few pics of my Englander when I started get ready for this burning season. I know there's a sticky at the top about yearly routine maintenance, but I wanted to share these pics for those of you who don't read the sticky threads or maybe you put this type of maintenance off for a while.
This is after 1 complete burning season, look at the freaking dust :bug:
100_8335.jpg

And here's the convection (room) blower, the results of dust and 1 Yellow Lab
100_8337.jpg

Think it's a lil' clogged ? :sick:
100_8338.jpg

All better and ready to be re-installed and start burning :coolsmile:
100_8339.jpg

So don't delay.....if you haven't already, clean your stove TODAY!!!

Is it terrible that I clean mine every two weeks to the point that I could eat off of any of the surfaces? lol

lordgrinz said:
Is it terrible that I clean mine every two weeks to the point that I could eat off of any of the surfaces? lol
Heck no LOL. I think I'll do my yearly cleaning twice this year ;-P I've never had this much dust in years past from just 1 burning season.

It's a wonder it even ran at all!!

Mine gets a thorough cleaning once a month and a yearly cleaning twice a year!

looks like you have a cat....dander in da blower!

I'll second that WOW. Looks like it took a cat in the starboard air intake. Anybody missing a pet at the household?

Incredibly the combustion blower wasn't too bad, I'd call it normal for 1 season. We did have a cat up until late last year...maybe that's what all the extra crud is from....or maybe that's where the ol feline disappeared to, LOL! Who knows...all I know is that it'll never look like that again.

Nice of you to put yourself out there too the members as what their stoves could look like if their maint routine is sub par.

Kudos all around!!!!!! :coolsmirk:

I got nervous, just went and scraped the burnpot, quickly brushed heat exchanger, and wiped the glass.....all better now! ;-)

JUST FINISHED CLEANING MINE AFTER SEVERAL DAYS OF SLOW BURNS, ASH BUILDUP AND FIRES GOING OUT. WHAT A MESS INSIDE!! The sir passages were all plugged up, explaining the week flame and ash buildup. The burn pot kept filling with dead ash and it would go out.
All is ell now, a raging flame!!...Consider me educated, and thanks for the advice.!!

Wow, that's another reason why I don't need a pet in the house. I don't cause that much dust. :) I did my cleaning last spring, except the blowers, and it didn't look that bad. Then I cleaned the blowers this fall and they weren't all that bad either.

Wow! that seems like a lot of dust for 1 year. I wonder if certain stoves pull in more dust and hair than others. In over 2 1/2 years with my Harmon I have never seen anything like that, and I have 6 cats.

Geeze...blame the Lab ;-)

I have 2 of em and I swear one of 1 of em sheds year round.
Constantly sweeping up the tumbleweeds he leaves on my kitchen floor.

tinkabranc said:
Geeze...blame the Lab ;-)

I have 2 of em and I swear one of 1 of em sheds year round.
Constantly sweeping up the tumbleweeds he leaves on my kitchen floor.

Aint that the truth, LOL! We have laminate flooring in our dining room, also where the pellet stove is, and the tumbleweeds never stop rollin'. My little shop vac has a permanent home next to our couch so we can rustle up them tumbleweeds as soon as we see them :lol:

Inside of my stove never gets like that in a year but my
dog doesn't shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.