For Those Who Have The Money And Means...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2012
Michigan
...This may be of value to you. Just sayin'.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/3643655681.html

hi.gif

In the land of pine trees and Indians. Everbody in that area has abudant fireood. Bad marketing was the problem I think as they never got pellets out of the area to develop customers. Seems most pellets in MN come from Wisconsin.

I got excited there for a minute when I saw Wood Pellets, $75/ton. Until I realized it was outside Grand Rapids, MN but was posted on the Grand Rapids, MI craigslist.

But at $75 a ton, I can't justify a 720 mile one way trip. Maybe if I was an owner/operator and had my own rig....

its not even per ton... its per truck load, loose not bagged.

I didn't catch that on my first reading. I don't imagine there are many folks with bulk storage who'd like to haul loose pellets a truckload at a time.

Reactions: Defiant
Even in a bag? A 75 a truckload? That may be more than a ton?

If I lived close enough, I'd be down for a truckload. My Fahrenheit eats Chit and loves it. Even if there garbage? I would just run a lower fuel setting and the auto clean would run a faster cycle.. No worries.. Ash? What ash?? ;)

Only about 27 truckloads

Just so everyone knows... I in no way, shape, form, or fashion, have, or have had anything to do with this add other then passing it along as something that may be of interest to the right individual.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.