For those who like to sit in front of the stove, drink a beer and listen to classical music . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Just a heads up to WKCR.org or 89.9 FM in the New York area. It is the station of Columbia University and despite the school's radical history, the station is reasonably normal!

In any event, every year at Christmas through New Year's they play nothing but music by Bach 24/7 and it is wonderful for those who like this sort of stuff. I grew up in a half Italian home listening to Opera, so classical music is something I enjoy, along with lots of other stuff.

This year they started on 12/22 and it goes till the stroke of the New Year. Now that I feel like the folks on here are friends, just thought I would share it for those who would enjoy it.

I have several thousand audio tracks from my CD collection on my hard drive. Plenty of classical music. At the moment I'm listening to a local country music radio station using a radio card. It is normal for me to have an audio or video stream running while I'm on my system. At the moment my beverage is a hot cup of coffee and the stove is over in the corner doing its thing. Maybe a home brew a bit later.

Thanks guys! And yes, if you go back to the 60's and 70's Columbia has quite a radical history . . . which is why my kids will never go there. In any event, if you enjoy Bach you will enjoy Bachfest. As I said, just wanted to share it with my new friends. Indeed, a martini is perfect, shaken not stirred and with 3 olives. I am always looking for ways to get more green vegetables into my diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.