For you power consumption monitoring types...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I paid only $0.10 per kWh, I'm not sure I'd be worrying about energy usage. We were paying well above that in the late 1990's.
Electric costs $0.105/kWh on average here, and YES I do care about it. After property taxes, and insurance expenses, the power bill is the next most expensive annualized expense. It's the largest expense I have direct control over. If my PV system knocks ~$50/mo off my electric bills, then that is $50/mo I have to spend on something else, like acquiring another piece of property where the summers are not 95°F and 90% humidity every day... If I wasn't here running the WH, and other appliances, the PV system would basically operate my A/C for free.

If I paid only $0.10 per kWh, I'm not sure I'd be worrying about energy usage. We were paying well above that in the late 1990's.

What are you spending? I'm a few miles from you and paying a measly 13.4 cents. For 100% wind. Do you need to shop for a better supplier?

I'll have to check and see if it has changed, but it was $0.16/kWh in 2011 thru PECO.

Thanks. I really need to look into that. We just went with what we have when we were in the flurry of moving, and have been so busy with repairs and renovations ever since, that we haven't made time to re-visit the subject.

Started looking into this, Woodgeek. Thanks for a new headache! Will need to start another thread, so I don't hijack Highbeam's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.