1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

For you power consumption monitoring types...

Post in 'The Green Room' started by Highbeam, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Where2

Where2 Member

Loc:
    South Florida
    Electric costs $0.105/kWh on average here, and YES I do care about it. After property taxes, and insurance expenses, the power bill is the next most expensive annualized expense. It's the largest expense I have direct control over. If my PV system knocks ~$50/mo off my electric bills, then that is $50/mo I have to spend on something else, like acquiring another piece of property where the summers are not 95°F and 90% humidity every day... If I wasn't here running the WH, and other appliances, the PV system would basically operate my A/C for free.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. woodgeek

woodgeek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
    What are you spending? I'm a few miles from you and paying a measly 13.4 cents. For 100% wind. Do you need to shop for a better supplier?
  3. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I'll have to check and see if it has changed, but it was $0.16/kWh in 2011 thru PECO.
  4. woodgeek

woodgeek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
  5. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks. I really need to look into that. We just went with what we have when we were in the flurry of moving, and have been so busy with repairs and renovations ever since, that we haven't made time to re-visit the subject.
  6. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Started looking into this, Woodgeek. Thanks for a new headache! Will need to start another thread, so I don't hijack Highbeam's thread.