force air system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kgryder

Jul 23, 2008
NC
I've had a Econoburn boiler on order for a while. If it ever gets here I will be setting it up without storage. I hope to add storage later but space is a problem right now.
I will have a Superstor tank for DHW.
My present system uses a oil fired boiler and pumps water through a heat exchanger in my forced air system.
Since it is a forced air system I need to have hot water in the heat exchanger before I turn on the blower.
So how long will it take an idling boiler to get up to temperature when I call for heat?
I'm also trying to decide the best logic to use in switching to oil fired heat. How long should I wait on heat from the wood fire before I give up and fire up the oil burner?
Thanks for your thoughts.

I have a simple digital temperature controller that turns the blower on when the heater core exceeds 125 degrees and keeps the blower on until the core gets below 80.... My thermostat does nothing to the furnace, it just turns the pump on.... The temp sensor on the heater core turns the blower on and off...

Status
Not open for further replies.