Forced draft kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bulldawg said:
what exactly does this do for the 1557 furnace?
it adds air to the firebox from a thermostat control (not really worth the money)

I'm sure they work on the 1600 and 1800 series due to the location of the blower. On the 1400-1500 series, they push air Above the fire instead of on or below it. I find it cools the firebox too much, and doesn't affect the draft. They operate on a thermostat that when called for a set temp, they kick on. The logic is more air bigger fire, then the blowers kick on and when the set temp is reached it shuts off. I find they are worthless on a 1400-1500 series furnace due to their location. I wouldn't buy one again.

bulldawg said:
does it kick the blowers on?
the fire gets hotter and then the blowers kick on

Status
Not open for further replies.