forced hot air gas furnance blower unit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabastio

Oct 9, 2007
I heat my house with Rudd gas fired furnace which is forced hot air driven. I have no AC incorporated. my question is my Jotul firelight is being installed in a week an the room where it is located is 20x20 but the catch is the ceilings are only 6'6 in this part of my 125yr old home. I want to install a "FAN ONLY" switch on my thermostate to circulate the heat. My returns are in this room. will this work or am I wasting my time? And will my blower motor burn out soon from using it in this manner? Any advice would be great:)

Thanks to everyone for adding so much knowledge to this fascinating industry and Life style

Status
Not open for further replies.