Forecast: Big snow in Eastern U.S. cities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh...told ya I was fueling the fire ;)

This link give FHW's (busted) 2011 outlook. They weren't much more wrong than most others:
http://firsthandweather.com/blog/all-posts/5-myths-years-20112012-winter-forecast
One thing to note: they seem to have hit TX and the southwest pretty close. And this was after one of the coldest winters in that region (2009-10). Especially deep into Mexico.
But the rest of the map is about as wrong as it can be.
Winter-Overall-Map3.png
\

I predict that it will slowly get colder the next 5 months with some snow and rain and then it will slowly warm back up with more snow and rain.==c

Reactions: ScotO
I sure am liking that dark purple on that map.......I hope they got it right this year, I want snow, and LOTS OF IT!!

You and me both . . . I only rode the sled three times last year and I had to trailer all three times.

Reactions: ScotO
I'm with ya Jack. My body and soul were MADE for snow. I hope we get at least a foot per week from the first week of December til the end of January. With a melt-off or two somewhere in the mix. I got cheated last winter, enough to make me run the chit out of the old Chaparral in only 4" of snow (that was the most we had on the ground at one time all winter last year!) the one or two weekends that we had it. I would move to Alaska if my wife would commit. That's not gonna happen....o_O:(

My wife tried committing to the Alaska move too......... SHE TRIED HAVING ME COMMITTED! Oh well, maybe next summer wont be so miserable. A C

Farmer's Almanac - Narrow orange band in the middle of the woolly bear caterpillar warns of heavy snow; fat and fuzzy caterpillars presage bitter cold.

From what I saw yesterday next to the brook (fat and fuzzy caterpillars) it will be a bitter cold winter for us. Never had the camera but did find two nice holes over 3.5 feet deep which cooled us off nice.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.