Forest Energy Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugadog

Sep 1, 2009
NorCal
Hi again from Northern California,

Does anyone have any experience, opinions or ever heard of Forest Energy Wood Pellets from Show Low, AZ???

My local Lowes had pallets of Green Tree pellets for this manufacturer. Last year my Lowes had Golden Fire, I'm bummed they switched suppliers.

website: http://www.forestenergy.com/our-products/wood_pellets.htm

I burned them last three yrs. they are soft wood from AZ forest. They burn good but lots of ash. Greentree and heaters are the same pellet. They put out good heat try a couple bags see how they burn I paid more this year and burning eureka. Eureka burn hotter and very little ash. Greentree here selling $4.00 a bag

Thanks for your reply Pellet Guy :cheese:

Rugadog,

I bought a ton of Golden Fires from Lowes this year. When I went back to get more they had already switched to that other brand. After poking around a little in town I found some Mallard Creek Pellets. Like Golden Fires they are also 100% Douglas Fir. I bought a ton and really like them. They seem to be just as hot with about the same amount of ash. Mallard Creek Pellets are made in Rocklin California, so if you are close to there you might be able to get a really good deal on them if you go and pick them up yourself. I paid about $255 before tax, but I bought them from a small feed store that probably jacked the price up a bit. If you want to read the specs and compare go to their website, it's pretty informative mallardcreekinc.com.

Chopper!!!! Thanks for the info. I'm about 40 minutes from Rocklin. I will definitely check them out. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.