Forest Pride Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
Anyone heard of them are they soft or hardwood? I just seen them at Walmart for $6 per bag. Are they any good?

They also had some Pennington for 5.75 per page Are these good?

Chris04626 said:
Anyone heard of them are they soft or hardwood? I just seen them at Walmart for $6 per bag. Are they any good?

They also had some Pennington for 5.75 per page Are these good?

I bought six bags of forests pride burned one bag, they burned real hot, they smell like pine when burned.
saving the other 5 for when it gets real cold out
i already have 3 tons of penningtons,they burn well also

Lignetics makes Forest pride animal bedding. might this be the same outfit supplying the Forest Pride wood pellets for Walmart, read good things about there pellets.

I like the penningtons, they burn nice when the stove is cranking, and seem to tolerate being throttled back and slow burned very well.

just opened the bag of Penningtons i bought at walmart. I noticed they are very dark compared to the spruce pointe ones i have. Also there was NO dust or fines in the bag at all.

I have been using Peningtons since 10/1/08 I am going to try the Forest Pride after I try Heater Pellets from HD. The Heater Pellets have no fines and look to be about 1/4 " long.

Can't see paying $6 a bag, right now oil is cheaper than pellets.

Lignetics makes Presto Log, Lignetics, and Forest Pride pellets and they are all low ash, high BTU , no clinkers in the pot in my Lopi Leyden.
Just got more at Walmart , Brewer ME today. Still 2-3 pallets left and several pallets of Penningtons as well. The Pennington's are a step up
from Maine Woods eg little ash and good BTU's. I mix them with the Maine Woods for daytime use , and burn the Forest Pride (Lignetics)
at night because they burn the most predictably of all. Thank you for sharing the info. everyone.

If anyone sees the forest pride in the Southern NH seacoast post something here pls. Walmart in Seabrook and Portsmouth both had pennington. Im real curious to try the Frest pride though
Thanks
Eric

Pellets finally going down, I am waiting for more than 25 cents a bag.

I just went over to the Brewer ME Wally World and bought 6 bags of these things to get a good sampling of them. Compared to the Northeast Pellets I'm currently burning, they give off a brighter flame, and they burn more evenly. So far a good pellet only a few hours into the burn. I will wait for prices to come down before a bulk buy....OINK!

Just saw about 15 tons of these Forest's Pride pellets at Wal-Mart in Rochester, NH (Rt. 11 of Rt. 16)

Wal-Mart in Brewer, ME still has these as $5.75. Picked up 2 bags to compare to the Corinth pellets I have now that create WAY too much ash IMO.

I've gone back for10 bags of these because of the high quality they seem to be. I guess I'll be content with my 3 toms of Northeast until March or so. Maybe the price will drop a little. They certainly are a nice pellet.

I saw them at my local WalMart and picked up 1, yes 1 bag. That's all I had room for in my carriage. Burned them last night, they seem to be pretty good, I'm going to stop by on my way home tonight to buy 8 bags to give them a week or so of burning to see how they really are.

12/10/08 wal-mart in rochester n.h. has 3 tons of forest pride in stock out side in the pouring rain, the pallets don`t have a thick bag over them from the factory like all the other pellets.$5.75 a bag 11:00 am

Our Wally world has them outside covered with a tarp uncovered the first layer of pallet would turn to saw dust I would think. They do have air holes in the bags.

I picked up 12 bags last night, clenaed my stove and fired it up with the Forest Pride pellets, I'll report back on the heat output and ash levels by Monday after a good run. As of this morning, the heat level was great, but it's too soon to report on the ash.

Just bought a ton of Forest Pride and they put out a lot of heat but they turn black and clump up and dont burn fast enough
even though we turn the auger down, the unburned pellets pile up on top of the black clumps. Bought at Walmart, uncovered
outside as usual and this may contribute to the clumping. We are taking them back, had to do the same last year with
Pennington pellets. Price is still $287.00 per ton, did not go down this year. We are going to Costco and try their pellets
even though they are not good hardwood, at least they are kept inside. We are getting tired of taking pellets back to Walmart,
they have not sold many of Forest Pride and they recalling the Pennington Pellets, but they dont seem to learn to keep
wood pellets covered. What a good forum this is, goods to read what others think. Thank you hearth.com.

Ukie said:
Just bought a ton of Forest Pride and they put out a lot of heat but they turn black and clump up and dont burn fast enough
even though we turn the auger down, the unburned pellets pile up on top of the black clumps. Bought at Walmart, uncovered
outside as usual and this may contribute to the clumping. We are taking them back, had to do the same last year with
Pennington pellets. Price is still $287.00 per ton, did not go down this year. We are going to Costco and try their pellets
even though they are not good hardwood, at least they are kept inside. We are getting tired of taking pellets back to Walmart,
they have not sold many of Forest Pride and they recalling the Pennington Pellets, but they dont seem to learn to keep
wood pellets covered. What a good forum this is, goods to read what others think. Thank you hearth.com.

have you tried home depot, lowes or local hardware store for pellets? walmart here in maine is the same way, outside, no cover

Status
Not open for further replies.