1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Forgive me as I have sinned

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by rover47, Nov 15, 2012.

1. rover47

rover47 Member

Loc:
    Albany New York
    Well, we put the Monty in three seasons ago. It works great! Well this year I finally decided to get the installer out to clean the liner! They show up and the first thing the did is cover the floors with drop cloths. They then cleaned the pipe got about 1/2 gallon of crumblies out of the liner. They said it was the good kind. No real problems found. They inspected the door seals and cleaned the whole unit. Well worth the money as I have at least 20 feet of chimney and a roof you cannot walk. A very professional job. They thought I could go 1.5 years before the next cleaning. Don't think so, I'll have them back next fall. I think most of the crud was from the first year. Very happy camper here.
    raybonz likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Fod01

Fod01 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Long Island
    That sounds pretty good. 1/2 gallon is about what I get in a season. I can't walk on my roof either. I had the installer come out the first year, and wasn't impressed by the job/ tools he used. It looked like he was using a 4" pellet brush. I switched over to a Sooteater, and can clean at my convenience now.

Glad to hear you're still happy. We are too. It kept us warm after the hurricane, without power/ surround off.

Nice socks by the way.

Gabe
  3. rover47

rover47 Member

Loc:
    Albany New York
    I remember when I posted that picture, the discussion was what not gold tipped shocks?
    I asked the installer about doing it from the bottom. He said there is a bar in the pipe adaptor that gets in the way.
    Wow a 74 midget! I have a 71 landrover series truck.
  4. BrianK

BrianK Guest

'74 Midget? Cool! How much wood can you haul in that thing with the top down? :p

I had a roommate in college who had an early 70s Midget with the single knockoff chrome spoke wheels. Great little car. I was amazed how easy it was to get my 6'2" frame into that tiny thing. We put a lot of miles on it. I helped him pull the engine one weekend. Didn't need an engine stand or any equipment to lift out that little motor.
  5. Gark

Gark Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Michigan
    Repeat three times: "Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa". Say two Hail Mullberry's. You're good to go.