Forgive me as I have sinned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rover47

Oct 2, 2006
Albany New York
Well, we put the Monty in three seasons ago. It works great! Well this year I finally decided to get the installer out to clean the liner! They show up and the first thing the did is cover the floors with drop cloths. They then cleaned the pipe got about 1/2 gallon of crumblies out of the liner. They said it was the good kind. No real problems found. They inspected the door seals and cleaned the whole unit. Well worth the money as I have at least 20 feet of chimney and a roof you cannot walk. A very professional job. They thought I could go 1.5 years before the next cleaning. Don't think so, I'll have them back next fall. I think most of the crud was from the first year. Very happy camper here.

Reactions: raybonz
That sounds pretty good. 1/2 gallon is about what I get in a season. I can't walk on my roof either. I had the installer come out the first year, and wasn't impressed by the job/ tools he used. It looked like he was using a 4" pellet brush. I switched over to a Sooteater, and can clean at my convenience now.

Glad to hear you're still happy. We are too. It kept us warm after the hurricane, without power/ surround off.

Nice socks by the way.

Gabe

I remember when I posted that picture, the discussion was what not gold tipped shocks?
I asked the installer about doing it from the bottom. He said there is a bar in the pipe adaptor that gets in the way.
Wow a 74 midget! I have a 71 landrover series truck.

'74 Midget? Cool! How much wood can you haul in that thing with the top down? :p

I had a roommate in college who had an early 70s Midget with the single knockoff chrome spoke wheels. Great little car. I was amazed how easy it was to get my 6'2" frame into that tiny thing. We put a lot of miles on it. I helped him pull the engine one weekend. Didn't need an engine stand or any equipment to lift out that little motor.

Repeat three times: "Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa". Say two Hail Mullberry's. You're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.