Forgive me forum for I have sinned.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cptoneleg said:
oldspark said:
gzecc said:
wood dope said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Go back and get more!
+1 You'll love that wood in a couple of years! Will bring back memories.
Unfortunately, with the economic conditions the way they are, I don't know if I will be able to continue to pay the mortgage in this house for many more years.
Its unfortunate, I love this house!
Sorry to hear that, this economy sucks, I hate to see people struggle with money issues, I hope it works out for you.

Look here young man economy my behind you could split and sold that wood there are very few woodburners who know what seasoned wood is now help your economy go get the rest put you an ad on CL and see what happens Oak for Sale.

Yea ok, I agree with that although, the mortgage is $2,300 per month. I need to spend my time efficiently in making money. I don't think firewood will do it. Maybe I'm wrong?

gzecc said:
Maybe I'm wrong?

I agree with using your time efficiently. But, I don't see firewood or gardening for that matter as taking away from any billable hours I have. If there is a pile of rounds there, I can use any downtime that would otherwise be wasted to process it. This week, I got done with a concrete job early and it was nice out so I made cider. Last couple weeks, downtime was spent splitting. No, I wouldn't give up billable hours to run a firewood business either unless there was some money to be invested in equipment. But, 25 cords of wood and shelves full of food and beverage is a good thing to have around. And, now that I am far enough ahead, there is a bunch of wood that could be sold if needed.

I love oak. Of course I am in Missouri and we have alot of oak. I have never seen such small splits.

KennyG said:
I love oak. Of course I am in Missouri and we have alot of oak. I have never seen such small splits.

If you are reffering to me, this is first year with new EPA stove trying to season some quick.

Down here in Arkansas, burning pine would have been the sin. Everyone around here in absolutely convinced that pine is just for outside pits, burning a little bitty stick inside will coat up your pipe and your whole house will burst into flames and the fire department will stand back and laugh at you because you were burning pine. I've tried to talk to the oldtimers around here about burning *dry* pine, but they tell me it shouldn't be done. I'm thinking about sneaking out in the woods with a flashlight and gathering some up and then hiding it while it dries out, you guys have me convinced it can in fact be burned cleanly if properly dried! But I've learned to not even speak about pine in these parts, oak is king 'round here.

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.