Found a brand new Buck 27000, what would you pay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco Gringo

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2011
Western North Carolina
As you can see I have one now but its downstairs in the den that wedont and I want a second source upstairs in the living/sleeping area esp in the case of a power outage. I ran across this one today and trust me, its never seen a fire. Guy wanted 800 and I told him there was no way. What would you guys offer if you were entertaining the thought of buying it?

Five hundred max new or not. Back when that Buck was being sold I bought its competitor the Sierra T4500 new for seven hundred and they hauled it forty miles and into the house for fifty bucks. 650 pounds.

Oh I would never buy the thing, but that is all that should be paid for it. Several users of the insert here on the forum and they seem happy. It is just that after I put that big pride of my wood burning life out back and made a meat smoker out of it I am a happy camper. I blame having to pull that sucker out of the fireplace every year to clean the chimney for half of my knee problems. Now I just run a brush down and I am done.

Pulling a six hundred pound insert: Painfull

Pulling a one pound brush down a liner: Priceless

There are some things that money can't buy (knees for one). For everything else there are EPA stoves and chimney liners.

And I just looked today and that brush won't be pulled until June sometime.

There are several on craigslist in my area for $200-$300. I am getting one delivered to my place on Tuesday for $300 total. Another guy has one for $300 delivered, and he's throwing in a free cord of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.