Found a dealer in Maine for vermont's..what you guys think about this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
there is a dealer in Maine that sells vermont softwood pellets...
they are in oxford on rt 26..
they want 269/ton picked up or 295 delivered..
my question is i can get oakies from sib delivered for 298/ton delivered...
i went by the place in oxford, By the Fire and noticed the vermonts are outside as well, sibs inside..
are the vermonts better than oakies????

so for the same money you would go with the oakies???

I'd say Okies and Vermont's are about equal.
I love 'em both.
You can't go wrong with either.

I'd pick up the Vermont's for that price if it were me.
They are $280/ton u pick up near me.

---Nailer---

I've burned them both and you won't go wrong with either. I find the Vermont Pellets burn real clean with very little ash. Nothing against Okies, but given a choice, i'm gonna keep my money in the local economy. Vermont Pellets are made in Vermont, 10 miles from my house, Okies are imported from Canada if i'm not mistaken.

Reading these threads about all these wonderful pellets in far away lands is starting to get to me...

IMHO, I would take a Saturday ride and pick up a few bags to try first. Don't go by what we say here! You'd be much better off making your own decision's on whats gonna work for you. See a lot of unhappy peeps over the cubex this season. Anyone that buy's with out a trial will not get any simpothy from me, ever! Its the golden rule as your stove will not burn them the same as joe's or jimbob's!

John97 said:
Reading these threads about all these wonderful pellets in far away lands is starting to get to me...

It works both ways. I bet there is a few brands you can easily score, I can never find. Get friendly with one of your area dealers. Maybe they can get you some to try out?

Status
Not open for further replies.