Found a new place for pallet wood scraps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
The CL junkie that I'am, I found a new place that is more then happy to give me there scraps. I took a whole truck load today plus I got paid $13.00 for bringing in pallets that they toss out at work. I look at it as it pays for my gas

image.jpe

Last edited:
Reactions: D8Chumley
I have to ask again. Is it ok to burn mill ends and lumber? Also aren't pellets also made from the sawdust from that same wood?

Super, just DO NOT load up the stove with cut offs, they burn hot and fast. I use most of this for my green house.

Looks like some of that is painted.

I have to ask again. Is it ok to burn mill ends and lumber? Also aren't pellets also made from the sawdust from that same wood?

It's fine . . . best not to load the stove to the gills with the stuff though and you should not burn wood that has glue in it (i.e. OSB, plywood, laminated wood, etc.) or treated (pressure treated, painted, stained, etc.)

I tend to use wood scraps and small pieces of lumber left over from renovation projects most often for use as kindling.

Reactions: Omaha419
Status
Not open for further replies.