Found a pile of free oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
I normally cut all my wood on my own properly and don't scrounge much. I went by an elderly ladies home the other day to deliver some medical supplies and couldn't help but ask about all the wood in the side yard. I ask about cleaning it up and it made her day. Said they were unable to burn anymore and I could have it all. Looks Mostly red oak, some split, some in rounds. There's also a shed with a cord or so in it you can't see. We both won in this deal
Pic doesn't show it all and isn't great I was in a hurry
image.jpg

Elderly? I'd think about giving her something for it. Just me though.

fv

Elderly? I'd think about giving her something for it. Just me though.

fv

She's a friend of my family. I already tried but she wouldn't take anything. I'll try again but I doubt she'll take it. She's just happy someone wants to clean it up

Reactions: Applesister
Take some before and after pics for us....and I think thats very nice of you to do a clean up. Do you have kids that can help?

I sure will. I think most of the wood is solid. And yes I have 2 growing boys that'll be in on the action plus one girl that'll get mad if she can't help lol. She's tough as nails

Nice score and Good on the clean up- kids same as you 2 big( 6.5'+) boys and Daughter( youngest) 5 ft of dynamite, don't mess with her. They are all out on their own now with families of their own (boys) Daughter in S. Korea teaching English.

Guess I would need to know a little more. If she's elderly and appears to be on fixed income I would give her something. Again, just me.

fv

Status
Not open for further replies.