Found a Washer in my Hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack kunicki

Nov 27, 2012
Highland, NY
I always thought it was interesting when people found stuff in their bagged pellets. Well, last night I went to check on the pellet level in the hopper of my p43 and was surprised to find a shiny washer sitting in the middle of the pile. I thought that maybe it came from somewhere inside of the hopper but I don't believe that to be the case. Makes me seriously consider sifting the pellets before I load the stove. Pellets were Nature's Own.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 142
I always thought it was interesting when people found stuff in their bagged pellets. Well, last night I went to check on the pellet level in the hopper of my p43 and was surprised to find a shiny washer sitting in the middle of the pile. I thought that maybe it came from somewhere inside of the hopper but I don't believe that to be the case. Makes me seriously consider sifting the pellets before I load the stove. Pellets were Nature's Own.

Dang, there seems to be a lot of stuff in bags this year :/ Good thing you caught that before it made it to the auger.

My little surprise....

image.jpg

Actual rock or clump of whatever they use for binders?
Clump of wood pulp that jammed in my hopper drawer. Made everything grind to a halt. The production manager of the company called me and recognized the clump of material. Said they had replaced the culprit machinery in the interim and haven't had issues since.

The last washer found turned out to be part of the stove...check closely

There's likely a bolt or machine screw that belongs to that washer.

If not from the hopper then possibly from the machinery processing the pellets.

Reactions: iceguy4
Status
Not open for further replies.