Found an Austroflamm Integra for sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mixpat

Dec 10, 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
Greetings fellow Pellet People. I found a used Austroflamm Integra for sale. Seems to be in good condition. It's a manual start and they want $1000 for it. A couple questions...

1. Can I retro fit it with auto ignition?
2. There is a small crack in the glass, which has been sealed and isn't horribly noticable. Can I buy replacement glass?
3. Thoughts on price?

Thank you.

1Yes you could probably still get all the parts,very expensive,not worth it as these stoves will not relight themselves on a thermostat. 2Most glass shops can cut glass for stoves,sometimes can find used on ebay3If it was up and running,no noise from any of the motors I might go 800 if it was delivered.Another member here has recently bought 2,he will prob. chime in,closer to your area,prices vary across the country.

You rang? Just replaced small glass for $47.00 from local glass shop. You can upgrade the stove to auto ignition, maybe. Ignition sensor is $199. Must have EPROM 3.5 which is $80. You will need a 3/8 x 4" cartridge heater at $30 bucks. Only issue is you must drill a hole in lower ash pan and fashion an igniter tube. Not cheap.
There are 2 stoves near you for $1,750 each and 1 for $1,000. They are great stoves but hard to figure value. If you want to send me a private message I can discuss my 2 with you.

You rang? Just replaced small glass for $47.00 from local glass shop. You can upgrade the stove to auto ignition, maybe. Ignition sensor is $199. Must have EPROM 3.5 which is $80. You will need a 3/8 x 4" cartridge heater at $30 bucks. Only issue is you must drill a hole in lower ash pan and fashion an igniter tube. Not cheap.
There are 2 stoves near you for $1,750 each and 1 for $1,000. They are great stoves but hard to figure value. If you want to send me a private message I can discuss my 2 with you.
Thanks wwert,knew you would help.Prices way lower out here,but also most do not even know what an austroflamm is!

Excellent info wwert. Relatively new to pellet world. I bought a 2yr old Timberwolf TPS35. Not a bad little stove, but not quite big enough for my house. I read good things about these Austroflamm. Thanks.

Excellent info wwert. Relatively new to pellet world. I bought a 2yr old Timberwolf TPS35. Not a bad little stove, but not quite big enough for my house. I read good things about these Austroflamm. Thanks.
If your adding a second stove,ok.But if replacing,these 2 stoves have almost the same output.

I think a price of $800 - 1000 would be good, providing that it starts and runs. Do not buy without testing. It would be worth it just for parts.

Greetings fellow Pellet People. I found a used Austroflamm Integra for sale. Seems to be in good condition. It's a manual start and they want $1000 for it. A couple questions...

1. Can I retro fit it with auto ignition?
2. There is a small crack in the glass, which has been sealed and isn't horribly noticable. Can I buy replacement glass?
3. Thoughts on price?

Thank you.
  1. I think that retro for auto-ignition depends on the year, and might involve drilling the burn pot, which for me represented more risk than reward. Though the autostart is nice because you can let it go out overnight and start again during the day, I don't know how much of an advantage it is. I throttle mine back to 60d overnight, and up to 70d during the day, so I don't have to bother relighting for about three days which is my average cleanout interval. Better to live with it for a while and see how important it really is to you.
  2. Glass can be replaced. It's pricey, but no big deal. Just be sure you get the right stuff - regular pane glass won't work.
  3. It depends on which model Integra it is. Newer models (with the digital control panel) go for a bit more. If it's the older model like I have, I think the price of up to $800 (depending on condition) is closer. I bought my '91 with LOTS of extra parts for $650 and it came with two additional airflow sensors, new gaskets, two extra sets of thermal switches and a spare replacement convection fan. However, if the unit you're looking for is in good condition - and better yet - if the owner is willing to deliver it for you, that price isn't too bad. I tend not to get too hung up on a couple hundred bucks when you consider the decades of savings you're going to have - that amount of money just gets lost in the sauce over time. My stove is a '91 model, making it 22 years old, and it still runs like a Swiss watch, so you can expect a good many years of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.