Found My New Insert - NOT!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Listed for sale locally:

Attachments

• insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,589
Roospike said:
yeah , very nice ............ what is it ? Why is it being sold ? %-P

Identification of this one would put Craig in the Hall of Fame. Estate sale.

I figure a good fixer upper for Elk or Corie.

Roospike said:
actually i was being sarcastic . %-P

Looks like the EBT wasn't working right.

That's my boombox from back in the 80's.

Attachments

• breakin.gif
    breakin.gif
    5 KB · Views: 1,149
Really, inserts should not be used in outdoor fireplaces. Especially ones using blowers

Pretty Good, Webwidow.......

Sunbeam Benefire - actually one of the nicest looking inserts made in 1979, when most were quite ugly. It was for the occassional fire - my dada had one in a fireplace next to the dining room table and we would light it up before we had company for a sit-down dinner.

Had large glass, tempered, not ceramic - and had stamped sheet metal doors with some air wash which kept the glass at a relatively low temp. Two muffin fan provided the air stream. The top of the unit inside had 5 three inch holes going through the convection chamber vertically (like boiler tubes) to give more heat exchange.

Was UP approved and was slip-in - no other possible way to install it.

No firebrick, just some steel fire dogs which kept the fire raised and back away from the glass.

Bro, do I win or not?

Oh, this was sold under the Bennett Ireland name...owned by Sunbeam.

Craig:

"Bro, do I win or not?"

And the award goes to da Webmaster, who has spent entirely too much of his life in the presence of odd heating devices.

You know, usually you can't buy stuff that good, you have to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.