Found older pics of Franklin I grew up with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Franklin I grew up with (that's my Dad posing). Look at that pipe. I remember seeing it glow from time to time. It's a wonder the house never burned down.

The second pic is of the wood stove that replaced the Franklin. From my amateur eye, it appears to be a Blaze King, but of course it could have been a knock off. Searching the net for "Blaze King" I found many pictures that looked identical to what I remembered growing up with. It came with two separate doors: one with glass window, and one solid one with a ceramic inlay that matched the ceramic vent accents.

Attachments

• Dad Fireplace.jpg
    Dad Fireplace.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Mom & Tina scrabble.jpg
    Mom & Tina scrabble.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 268
Im digging the cowboy hat.
vintage quality
I remember my dad stuffing his req room full of wood to burn it in a open fireplace in the 80's oil shortage. didnt work so well and ate wood faster than a thirsty big block

sauer said:
Im digging the cowboy hat....

Heh, yeah. He was a prison guard for 20 years. That hat was part of his grey and black uniform. He worked in what they called "hogs and chickens" (they call it "ag", now). He was on horseback most of the time. The kindest, most soft-spoken, man you could ever know.

I'm diggin that shag rug!
We had a multi colored one in our recroom

Ja my parent's house had two Franklins like that sans the brass balls. The one that burned the house to the ground had a through-the-wall outside class A Selkirk. Overall, a bad combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.