Found someone who likes pellet heat more than we do

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doocrew

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2008
Southern NH
I think the cat enjoys the pellet heat more than we do. Sorry for the picture quality and no, there is not a raging inferno in the stove.

Attachments

• 0122111831.jpg
    0122111831.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 507
My cat has his rocking chair in front of the stove, he lays with his belly exposed to the fire just like your cat does.

My dog and cat do the same thing.

My wife would argue about this, she has been known to push pets away.

I've got 3 cats and some are cooler than others but NONE of them seem to enjoy the pellet stove at all. I can't figure out why they don't when there are so many posters with animals that love the heat...

cncpro said:
I've got 3 cats and some are cooler than others but NONE of them seem to enjoy the pellet stove at all. I can't figure out why they don't when there are so many posters with animals that love the heat...

Maybe that nothing burns like a Quad aspect has something to do with it.

SmokeyTheBear said:
cncpro said:

Maybe that nothing burns like a Quad aspect has something to do with it.

;-P

The cat, Shepard, and my Mutt all Love the stove. But when there is a Fire in the Fireplace, there is a fight for that toasty area of real estate called the Hearth. They love them some fire. Weird, there body temp is already higher than ours.

My two labs and the cat are not much for getting near the stove, but after the wife falls asleep, they sneak up on our heated bed! If she moves around, they scamper off only to climb back when she isn't stirring!

save$ said:
My two labs and the cat are not much for getting near the stove, but after the wife falls asleep, they sneak up on our heated bed! If she moves around, they scamper off only to climb back when she isn't stirring!

My border collie does the exact same thing....waits until I'm asleep and then....ZIP, up on the comforter. :lol:

She's not much for the stove, but I DID notice last night before bed she was laying in front of it....guess it had something to do with it being 6 degrees outside.

The dogs like the stove but the older one can't watch the TV as well when sitting there. The pup isn't too sure about the stove but I saw her laying there a couple of times today after playing in the snow.

Attachments

• The Girls 381 (Medium).jpg
    The Girls 381 (Medium).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 353
  • The Girls 299 (Medium).jpg
    The Girls 299 (Medium).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 347
  • The Girls 368 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    The Girls 368 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 324
Awesome Pix FordMastertech! :lol:

Caught on web cam. I don't think she's tried this when the stove is running on high..

Attachments

• 20101229_084033_1.jpg
    20101229_084033_1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 270
we have 5 cats and within 20 minutes of me lighting the stove they are there right in front of it. I now have a lambs wool rug there for them to lay on, sheesh how spoiled! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.